Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sim300 not replying rdy & not showing sim is inserted

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajprajapati

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am working on sim300 but the problem i am facing is very big

1. Having sim300
2. connected it to the pc by serial port cable.
3. go to hyper terminal------> selected restore default i.e baud rate 9600 data bit-8,stop bit 1,flow control-none.
4. give command AT<cr>
5. returns ok

now mostly the commands are working like imei,manufacturer etc but give error 1o when presser AT+CINI?

says sim card not inserted .........also not returns RDY at start up...i dnt have powerkey in it

I am not getting it in the forum so please sm1 help me out..............

---------- Post added at 16:43 ---------- Previous post was at 16:32 ----------

The voltage at the sim slot is coming to zero...... Supply is not reaching to the sim card holder...

Sir please tell me that if i am connecting the outer supply to the sim card holder then what must be its rating .....and initially it is connected to the sim300 then on turning on the supply will supply will reach to the sim holder or not.......

sir even by supplying the voltage my AT commands related to the network is not working AT+CSQ? is working properly but the sim is not inserted t
OK
at+cpin?
+CME ERROR: 10

i gave this c0mmand on start up......
what to do .......
my module is same as the module of SIM interfacing with SIM900D. ... but it is SIM300...
Now guide me sir how to operate that module....even sim_VDD is not giving voltage 3V...
Is my module is faulty """""""""""""""""":roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ............ i am getting tensed.

---------- Post added at 14:52 ---------- Previous post was at 14:52 ----------

sir even by supplying the voltage my AT commands related to the network is not working AT+CSQ? is working properly but the sim is not inserted t
OK
at+cpin?
+CME ERROR: 10

i gave this c0mmand on start up......
what to do .......
my module is same as the module of SIM interfacing with SIM900D. ... but it is SIM300...
Now guide me sir how to operate that module....even sim_VDD is not giving voltage 3V...
Is my module is faulty """""""""""""""""":roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ............ i am getting tensed.

sir i did it and check there is no detection of the sim as well..............there is one request to u sir please get online to the yahoo messenger when ever u log in so that i can be in contact to solve the problem .....

now tell me sir what will be my next step...as no voltage is detected on the sim.......

Every pin in the sim slot are connected to there respective pins in sim300 as i had checked the continuity of the point to points........
Sir my module is not having any powerkey button, i think that it is grounded, next assume that module is not on with power supply......now i insert sim to the sim card holder as well as connected the serial port cable to the pc ... i started hyperterminal will parity none....bits per second 9600...-----data bit 8-----stop bit 1----and flow control none....now i switch on the power supply by connecting wires in the socket .. i am using supply of 12V 1A. on hyperterminal nothing is return back as i on the module as i think that it must return "RDY"....now i press AT<cr> ok...all the commands related to the module is working i.e. it is answering for comman for IMEI , it gives out put for AT+CSQ.
Now as I am aware that my sim slots are not getting voltage.....
but only ones it shows normal power down when i give command at&v it shows all specification then power down .. from that day It doesn't shown any thing about instruction for sim .....
so do i need to change the module............
Tell me what exactly initially will happen when i do above process to use module.........??????
:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.