Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM 900a cannot communicate with modem via Hyper terminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pankaj1984

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI,
I have bought a SIM900 modem. When I insert a sim card in it & call from another mobile number the ring detect led on it glows i.e the modem connects with the network, but when I connect the modem with hyperterminal using a cross cable ,( the modem does not connect using straight cable),if I try to test it with AT + enter, I get some weired garbage values like (* !) , I am just not able to diagnose the problem Please suggest any solution.

Hi moyoumin,
I have selected default setting 9600 baud, I feel the issue is related to baud rate miss match, i read in this forum people had same problem but i am not getting the solution, I am trying to use commands such as at + ipr= 9600. atleast I can see the problem.. so the solution should be near by some where .. Lets see thnx :p for your time and reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.