Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sim 300 GSM modem with 89C51 Microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

paramathma

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i m working with Sim 300s v7.03 modem interfacing with 89C51... when i work seperately they r working well... i can see the results too... but wen i interface modem does not respond... wen i give the command from microcontroller modem led goes off for few seconds then it glows... can u help me to interface it properly... thank u...

check the connection....Txd of u.controller is connected to RxD of gsm and Rxd of controller is connected to txd of GSM...also PIN 5 of both are commone????

Reactions: vinit walli

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

vinit walli

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hi i m doing my project on intruder alarm with gsm i also using the same gsm module and microcontroller but i m very bad in coding and also i m working with gsm module for the first time so can u plz mail me the schematics and the code i really need it urgently

with regards
@bc
andleeb.irum@yahoo.com

HEY , U NEED TO CONNECT RX OF MICROCONTROLLER TO THE 2ND PIN OF DB9 OF MODEM AND TX TO THE 3RD PIN OF MODEM.

i.e if u r using

MICRO CONTROLLER -> max232 -> DB9 connector -> "RS232 Cable" -> modem

then u must have cross connection at "quoted" rs 232 cable i.e. 2 and 3 pins must be swapped between 2 ends of RS232 cable ,
check it out it will work, I suffered a lot due to same problem but it was d solution, do it and move ahead coz programming part is real challenge w8ng for u

if u r done with it
plz help me in progrm .....

Status
Not open for further replies.