Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Silvaco error: process interrupted by SEGV signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

toknow

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
While simulating a MOSFET structure, i am getting the error message,
"Process interrupted by signal SEGV". The code written is for obtaining
astructure and no bias is applied.

signal segv silvaco

I just recently had this issue myself. I hate to tell you this, but the best solution for you is probably going to be to retype whatever part of your deck you have prior to this statement.

SEGV is a code that Silvaco returns when deckbuild sees an invisible character in the deck that causes the deck to fail to execute past that character. This happens because deckbuild has only something like 64 characters that it recognizes. To avoid having to recopy a lot of code in the future, I'd suggest that you try and divide up your code into small partitions. (maybe one bit of code for FEOL, one for BEOL, one for electrical.)

If there's a lot of code to re-copy, try porting your deck over to notepad or a program like it and seeing if the invisible character becomes visible again.

Re: SEGV signal Silvaco

I had this error while simulation.
The solution of this problem is to check the region section and have to make sure that you specify the max and min of all the layers.
E.g.
region num=3 y.min=0.120 y.max=0.140 oxide

Ans also remember to include all the regions in mesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back