Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Silly PSR question in diff pair stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

geozog86

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!

After simulate this simple amp (all properly biased), I simulated the graph on the right hand side: Looks like for the low freqs, it's got a PSR of 0dB (ac disturbance in supply, measuring ac at the output).

Isn't that weird? Doesn't 0dBs mean that transistor 3 acts as a resistor? Can someone explain to me the theory behind that? Could be something really basic that I neglect/haven't understood. There was no load in the simdeck (it was just the circuit drawn, nothing connects to output)

I AM CONFUSED

Thx
photo.JPG

Ok, but how does that affect the 0dBs PSRR at low frequencies? I thought it'd play an important role at higher frequencies, no?

Thx for the reply, I completely neglected the effect of the current source, but I still do NOT understand why transistor 3 acts as an open switch and just lets all ac disturbance on positive supply pass on the output.

Status
Not open for further replies.