Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sigma delta design problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

zizi110

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
i am trying to design a sigma delta modulator in pspice by ABM library , here it is my schematic , nut it dont work!
first block subtract the input from output , then the result goes to integrator and then if the result is positive the output becomes 5 , else the output becomes zero and this output goes to 74175 that its clock rate is 10kHz ..... however this circuit does not work!

any suggestion appreciated.

Attachments

• zi.png
    zi.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 58

You forgot to tell which error you observed. It's also not clear how you derived the circuit parameters.

But at first sight, you implemented positive instaed of required negative feedback.

Hi FvM ,thanks for your reply
i have a negative feedback in the loop; when i used (V(%IN1)-V(%IN2)) , it means subtract vin1( input signal) from vin2 (output of quantizer).
then it goes through low pass filter for filtering noise and then goes to integral unit ( it can be as simple as 1/S ) , then in the next block we said
if V(%IN) >0 then output=5 else output=0 ( it works like quantizer) , finally we have a latch block to set the sampling frequency at 10KHz.

can any one help me plz?

Status
Not open for further replies.