Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Siepinski Fractal Antenna Design... (how do i know the size)

Status
Not open for further replies.

djtommy

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fractal antenna design

i'm currently design a sierpinski multiband fractal antenna...

how do i know the actual size of the antenna (triangle shape), is that any mathematics formula that include the dielectric of my microstrip board or the operational frequency of my design?

where can i get these information, cause i can't get any calculation formula from the internet...

hope you guys can give me some advise... :D thanks

fractal antenna designer

Hello Tommy!
I am also working on a sierpinski fractal antenna. And i'm having problems with the resonant frequencies(therefore, with the size). I found a formula , given by Cohen I think, that links the resonant frequencies to the phisical properties of the antenna. (it doesn't work for me though ):cry: : I attached a screenshot of the formula.

The variables are: fn= n th resonant frequency
c = speed of light
k - a constant that deppends on the dielectric (approx 0.15 )
h= the height of the triangle
delta = the similarity factor (how many times is first itteration bigger than second of the fractal (usually 2))
alpha = the flare angle of the triangle (usually 60 deg.)

Re: fractal antenna design

i'm currently design a sierpinski multiband fractal antenna...

how do i know the actual size of the antenna (triangle shape), is that any mathematics formula that include the dielectric of my microstrip board or the operational frequency of my design?

where can i get these information, cause i can't get any calculation formula from the internet...

hope you guys can give me some advise... :D thanks
It is all in this book:
Microstrip antenna design handbook by bahl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back