Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sidelobe parabolic antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauloftin

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
can you help me? How can i reduce sidelobe of parabolic antenna? Have you some theory, paper, or book?

Thank!

I know, that the topic is addressed in antenna text books, e.g. Balanis Antenna Theory . This is not the place to suggest pirate E-books, but...

Thank, I know it. I would rather something from the experince, something about edge of antenna, microwave absorbers and so on.

i think the absorber cant help u but with some difference in your antenna may be it reduce but its related to your antenna and frequency

Thank, but the absorber is expensive. I would like to know what is the best the edge of parabola .

i said its related too many factors

Hello, mauloftin.

Sidelobe of parabolic antenna can be also reduced by:
-special amplitude distribution, which provides zero field of the edge of parabola

-rounding of the edge of parabola
25_1332233198.jpg

-dephasing of edge currents, where field of different edges has the phase difference 180 deg
8_1332233198.jpg

-use of additional shields
26_1332233198.jpg

Very interesting Marat86, thank. But I am not sure, how can I do it in practice. For example the "flower" from the second picture, it is real? I would like see a photo this :)

"which provides zero field of the edge" - yes, of course, but it is not real :) It is not possible do feed with the radiation pattern with zero field on the angle of edge of reflector.

Thank

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back