Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to implement minimization of maximum sidelobe level (MSL) for antenna array in python or MATLAB (**No need to upload any code)

mohamis288

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I have made a decision to use metaheuristic algorithms to minimize maximum sidelobe level (MSL) in concentric circular antenna array (CCAA). At first I wan to simulate this article:

Thinned Concentric Circular Array Antennas Synthesis Using Genetic Algorithm

But there is something which is confusing. For cost function (function which is supposed to be minimized), following function has been defined:

cost function.png

In aforementioned cost function, FNBW stands for first null beamwidth and AF is defined as array factor. FNBWcomputed would be FNBW for non-uniform CCAA (some antenna are turned off) and FNBW(I=1) is FNBW for uniform antenna. first term is going to be used to minimize MSL and second term tends to keep FNBW constant in proportion to uniform case. θmsl is the angle where the maximum sidelobe (AF(θmsl , Imi ) ) is attained. So, my question is, How could I cause python or MATLAB to understand where θmsl and FNBW are placed? No need to upload any code. I just need some ideas and recommendations.

Tlease put everything in your mind down in the solution box. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back