Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

shuting down computer on lan

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannnish

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have two computers at home. One of the computer has a cable internt connection. i share internet with othe computer though a nic card on this computer point to point type. now i need the idea to shut down the computer in which the nic card is placed though my other computer

please help me

hi you can use a lot of free softwares such as wake on lan from solarwinds, if you like the idea i can sent it to you.

Regards
TheSniper (+)

wake on lan for switch on.................
to switch off HOW ????????????????
what is it sent it

Why can't you simply shut down the internet connected computer like any other computer? Or do you want to perform a remote shutdown?

What operating systems are running?

If the internet connected computer is the only one with a NIC card, how does your other computer connect to it?

If you are trying to shutdown a remote Windows computer, try PsShutdown:
**broken link removed**

try this:
**broken link removed**
95_1180987850.jpg

regards to all

TheSniper (+)

thanks guys for ur suggestions.........i used logme in to shutdown the computer on lan. what about start up? (i mean once computer is shutdown not on sleep?)

WakeUp from the Compaq Remote Management Utilities:
**broken link removed**
Maybe a little bit old (1998), but also works in Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.