Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Should I ingore this DRC error(_M6T.E.1)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swgchlry

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I use cadence soc encounter & icfb to create a layout of a circuit with TSMC 0.18um process, but I got 1000+ _M6T.E.1 DRC errors in calibre. The errors info were listed as follows:
_M6T.E.1
1000 1000 3 Feb 25 20:17:35 2008
_M6T.E.1 { @ Min extension of a M6 region beyond a VIA5 region is 0.3 um
ENC VIA5 M6 < 0.3 ABUT<90 SINGULAR OVERLAP OUTSIDE ALSO
}

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
What should I do with this error? Should I ingore this error?

The error says you donot have sufficient metal 6 coverage over the via region. You can ignore it if you get a sign-off waver from your fab, but I think you fix it. Your via could be built wrong.

Ya fix it. Would be a pain if the metal fractures around the via. Open circuits etc. It shouldn't be a big problem to fix right? If it was due to routing tool, you may not have programmed the constraints properly. Or misalignment of your via.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back