Not open for further replies.

Cridav.martin

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

can anyone please help me designing a microstrip patch antenna in HFSS.

I have troubles creating the shorted ring, how should i do so that the patch and the ground are shorted using a hole with a huge radius?

thank you

you should make a cylinder that is equl to the distance between the ground and patch in length.subtract the cylinder from the patch, ground and substrate. Then you should make an object from surface . In this way you will have a surface hollow cylinder. Use thicken sheet to add thickness to the metallic via.
Regards

what kind of boundary should I apply?, I´ve substracted the cylinder from all the layers, after that I selected the hollow cylinder with "select surface", after that "modeler->surface->create object from face", and finally I made that face with "Perfect E Boundary", is that correct? or should I give it another property so that it acts as a shorted hole like made it "pec "?

thank u so much

yes this is enough. you may also add thickness to the cylinder using thicken sheet

but, if i decided to add thickness, what material should i use?

Status
Not open for further replies.