Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SHARP TV USB stick movie trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

kripacharya

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My SHARP LCD TV LC32L450M has a USB input which I have used for several years.

Just recently now any movie I play through this starts/ stops, or the video gets scrambled. The sound however seems to continously play.

Any ideas what could be the cause & possible fix ?

I should mention that a few weeks before this there was a malfunction where any text displayed by the TV was garbled but everything else seemed OK. The service center fixed that. My analysis is that something got messed up due to sparking at a loose power socket at that time.

play video with less resolution, and small one to see if it works, also play avi mpeg ogg etc to see if anyof the format plays ok.

- - - Updated - - -

play video with less resolution, and small one to see if it works, also play avi mpeg ogg etc to see if anyof the format plays ok.

My SHARP LCD TV LC32L450M has a USB input which I have used for several years.

Just recently now any movie I play through this starts/ stops, or the video gets scrambled. The sound however seems to continously play.

Any ideas what could be the cause & possible fix ?

I should mention that a few weeks before this there was a malfunction where any text displayed by the TV was garbled but everything else seemed OK. The service center fixed that. My analysis is that something got messed up due to sparking at a loose power socket at that time.

Did I mention that it used to work just fine earlier .. for over 2 years ? I have tried avi and mp4 formats - both give the same trouble.

Can you download and install new firmware from their site?

Did I mention that it used to work just fine earlier .. for over 2 years ? I have tried avi and mp4 formats - both give the same trouble.

Can you download and install new firmware from their site?

The TV setup has an option to upgrade the software, but I have never dared to check this out. How would this work ?

To the best of my knowledge you would download from their site, either the original or upgraded firmware, then copy this file to the pendrive in root folder. This means format the whole pendrive (USB_stick) and without creating the folder just copy this file and nothing should be on it except the firmware. Next plug this device to the usb port and turn on the tv and goto the main manu. There should be an option to upgrade the firmware option, consult the instruction manual for that tv and follow the steps. Be careful that power is not cut during the installation of new firmware. After that all should be fine. Please be aware that if something goes wrong, the results will be very unpleasant. So if I were you, I would read some forums on how to upgrade firmware on your tv and educate myself regarding this matter. Good luck friend.

The TV setup has an option to upgrade the software, but I have never dared to check this out. How would this work ?

so I finally found a firmware package for SHARP LC-32L450X, v1.29, from an Australia website.
However MY tv is exact same number but with M instead of X.

Interesting thing is that the f/w is labeled as "..Asia_Pack14.."

Any opinions on whether I should risk it ? Or is there a difference in the TV's ?

If in doubt, contact the company.

so I finally found a firmware package for SHARP LC-32L450X, v1.29, from an Australia website.
However MY tv is exact same number but with M instead of X.

Interesting thing is that the f/w is labeled as "..Asia_Pack14.."

Any opinions on whether I should risk it ? Or is there a difference in the TV's ?

If in doubt, contact the company.

LoL !!! This is SHARP we are talking about. Lets get serious. I wouldn't be on this forum if it was that easy. Do you have a name/ number I can call ??

I wonder if the service center did a software update and this causes the reported problems...

I guess take a chance and upgrade the firmware with the one you just found. But be aware that it may not be exact, also it may complain and refuse to upgrade if it is not compatible. But if it does and all is well than ok other wise you will always have choice to go back to the original if you have one. Good luck.

LoL !!! This is SHARP we are talking about. Lets get serious. I wouldn't be on this forum if it was that easy. Do you have a name/ number I can call ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back