Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Shape of a linear Current pulse

Status
Not open for further replies.

caledonia

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody,

it is perhaps a silly question but I'm tired and can't really think now :)

so:

I need to determine the shape of a curent pulse. It is supposed to be given in the Simulation through an IPWL(piecewise linear) in Pspice.
My pulse width is 50ns. The sensittivity is : 0,6 A/W.
The maximum power of the pulse is 30uW.

I have to know the current value at the begginning and the end of the interval as it is a linear function,a trapezium. ( I see that the max value has to be 18uA..)

I hope you can help:)

thank you!

I fear, you're not so good in asking clear questions...

You are talking about simulation of a real pulse, apparently sourced from a photodiode. You either need to know the actual pulse shape, measure it, or assume an arbitrary shape. There's nothing to "determine" without additional knowledge.

Most physicists would assume a gaussian pulse shape. It's the only shape, that can be solely characterized by the said two parameters.

it's ok

I calculated it through the pulse shape.

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back