Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sevFullMenuItem and skill artMenuTrigger Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

e.fisher

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.
We have recently installed a new DK for our cadence suite (the STM HCMOS 9GP).
Unfortunately, although it seems to load with the tech file fine I am experiencing some problems which have now migrated to another DK (AMS HV 0.35um).

The problem is reasonably serious as it is preventing the Analog Environment and DRC user interfaces from opening. The nature of the errors seem to suggest a problem with the GUI menus but other than that I'm troubled. Our IT department is on the case but have a heavy workload.

The errors I get are:
*ERROR* sevFullMenuItem: extra arguments or keywords missing - (!(_spectreCheckFeature 'spectre_analysisRF_TaskManager') then ("Parametric Analysis")) ... etc...
*WARNING* A skill error occurred in function artMenuTrigger
*WARNING* Assura not available
*ERROR* ipcBeginProcess: Unable to fork() child process

We are running Cadence V.5.1.41 and Spectre v6. The problems seem to be co-incident when I created a new working directory for a HCMOS9GP design in a folder that already had an AMS 0.35um design and associated tech files and cds.lib files etc. Possibly cadence did something to the hierarchy of the cadence working directories?

Has anyone seen these errors before? Not being able to run simulation or verification is going to be a very big hindrance to out Feb 2011 tape out.

Thanks in advance.
Ed Fisher

Did you already try Andrew B.'s advice in this hijacked topic? Better try and stay in that forum - double postings are neither productive nor welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back