Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Settling time specification

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Commando

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I'm designing an RF frequency synthesizer (sigma-delta fractional-N PLL) for an LTE sys. , in system level design, I need the synthesizer specifications , how can I determine the Settling Time spec ?? ... I can't find any condition in LTE standard on how fast can the system changes the channel ... How can I determine this spec ????????????????????

The settling time in frequency synthesizers is specified as the time delay between the command end and the frequency stabilized at the commanded value.
Some synthesizers typically settle within a fraction of a second, special "fast-settling" types, within < one millisecond.

Start with the channel handoff timing requirements and go from there.

Dave

You can use ADISimPLL to simulate and get comparable setting time to lock a VCO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back