Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Setting switches for DRC check

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamesh419

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I have to set switches to do a DRC check for 0.18u process (HCMOS8D). How do I know what switches are to be set ? Will this be provided in the documentation ? If so where can I find that documentation ?

Thanks and Regards,
Kamesh.

1: What PV tool are you using? Is it Cadence Assura or what?

2: You would have an option in the GUI that looks like "Set Switches". Choose your switches. What you can do is that in the DRC rule file, you can do a printf statement saying "I choose this switch <S1> ". After the DRC completion, go to the log file and look for this statement. Or you can write a simple PERL code to check this for you.

Let me know if you have more questions...

Srivats

What is the utility of this switch, Some one can answer me ??

Thanks a lot for your reply Srivats. But i guess you might have missed my question. I have simulated layouts before and I have set some switches for that (back then I had users manual and this was described in it). Now I am using a different technolgy. I do not know what Switches to be set for this tech. So I wanted to know where I can find this information in the documentation.

Thanks and Regards,
Kamesh.

Get me all the switches and I will let you know.

SRivats

Well the point is Srivats that I wanted to know how one knows what switches are to be set? I wanted to know where I can look for this piece of information so that if I face with a new technology some time later then I will be in a position to set switches on my own instead of asking for help again.

Best Regards,
Kamesh.

Switches are like If-then-else loop inside the DRC rules file. So if you have options like multiple top-level metal layers, then you need to put it. Or you can two layer definitions where you would read either DFII or GDSII. It depends on what you want and you wouldnt find any "specific" docs..

Srivats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back