Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

servo signal 2 H-bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

rx5

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

happy new year!!! :)

any info/links about converting the 1ms->2ms signal FROM SERVO control into 2 input H-bridge???

i dont know how to exactly expain this but here goes:

>> at center of stick (w/c results in 1.5ms) , there is 0,0 at the H-bridge input...

>> at the (Forward) position of stick (1.5ms -> 2ms) , we have 0,1... or if its 1.8ms, i get a pulsing (PWM) of logic 1...

>> at the other extreme end, (Reverse) position of stick (1.5ms -> 1ms) , we have 1,0...or if its 1.3ms , its a pulsing (PWM) of logic 1..

whew... :) was it clear?? lol

much like an electronic speed control for R/C....

Thanks..

This job can be easily done with a microcontroller ..

For example, PICAXE has a command called PULSIN .. I allows you to measure the length of a pulse .. see attachement below ..

The BASIC program may look like this:

pulsin 3, 0, w1 ‘ record the length of a pulse on pin 3 into w1 ..
if w1<135 and w1>125 then story1 ' 135 = 1.35ms
if w1>145 and w1<135 then story2
if w1>145 and w1<155 then story3
goto story2

story1:
high1
low2
story2:
low1
low2
story3:
low1
high2

.. or something similar ..

Regards,
IanP

Hi IanP,

thanks...

that would really simplify things ... BUT

PICAXE chips are out of my league(not commonly available).. maybe I could order 12C508 etc ....

what I was hopefully looking for was a discrete(sort of) using transistors and simple logic gates(chips)...

could it be?

-Ralph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back