Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Servo Motor power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmediel

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

i have a problem in supplying power my servo motor. this is just a basic question but i dont know the answer.

motors are generally components that will take all of the current that you feed them. if i have 6v 6amp of battery and i directly supplied it to a servo motor (1.2amp usually) will it take all of 6amp? it will burn if it did right?.. im affraid of trying because servo is quiet expensive.

ok! thank you!

i'll try it. i had doubts because somewhere i read that motors eats everything that you feed them until failure. i cant remember where i read it. maybe servo are different. =)

Ampere that it eats depends on the force that is exposed against the movement of its rotational disk. Of course it has limitations but trust its datasheet. You can apply 6v , 6amp battery to your servo it just takes its need. 2 years ago i built humanoid robot and tried to know the ampere level that cause my servo be burned by connecting it to current supply and holding its rotational disk, it finally eats 10 ampere but it was not burned.

thanks! i bought a 1A fuse just in case. =)

i found a datasheet for my s03t std, but i cant understand any word. i guess i came from outer space of something. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.