Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

servo arm positioning issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlevanchuk

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
UGH! i need your guys' (or gals) help in understanding how does the positioning of servo works!

I understand that 1.5ms will out the servo's "arm" on 0 (neutral) degree mark.. now, 1ms should give me 45 degree angle, but when I look at the swing arm, its more like 60 degrees. If i send a signal for 2ms, the "arm" swings from 0 to 60 degrees again, instead of 45 degree.. Is my servo messed up, or am I not understanding how this piece of @#$@ supposed to work??

Thank you for any tips..
BTW, im using the basic parallax servo..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Servomechanism
A servo pulse of 1.5 ms width will set the servo to its "neutral" position, or 90°. For example a servo pulse of 1.25 ms could set the servo to 0° and a pulse of 1.75 ms could set the servo to 180°. The physical limits and timings of the servo hardware varies between brands and models, but a general servo's angular motion will travel somewhere in the range of 180° - 210° and the neutral position is almost always at 1.5 ms
also, see attached picture ..

The above can explain your troubles only under condition that the pulses that you generate are really 1ms, 1.5ms or 2ms ..
Grab yourself an oscilloscope and make sure that at least this is true ..

Rgds,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.