Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

serious problem with 4017 decade counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

amogh4321

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi friends, I have made the LED matrix board using the cascaded 4017 ICs with AND gates. it was working nice for several days, but suddenly it got problem that the alternate lines are getting selected.
eg. the lines which should get selected one after another after applying clock pules
expecter o/p : q1 q2 q3 q4 q5 q6 q7 . . . .
o/p getting : q1 q3 q5 q7 . . . ..

please help its very urgent

i have also uploaded the video, it is working fine for first IC and then problem comes from the second IC on words

if it happened after some days of operation, clearly something has blown or gone out of spec.

a (true) circuit schematic would be useful to be able to guess at the problem. without that very difficult to say anything...

I agree with Kripa,
Lokoa t your schematic, try to find in your and logics where a static 0 or static 1 could cause jumping.. I would guess if this is using a decoder your lsb froze high or low. since this is running so slowing you could use a multimeter and try to find the static logic signal. trace it back to whats generating it and replace the ic. also if someone was to cut the wire trace this would happen. just need to trace through your physical wire path.
gl,
Pb
btw thats a lot of leds :)

thankz guys for your help, two wires on my board were shorted. The problem has been rectified. THe board is working fine now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back