Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Serial to USB Converter Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

badar shah

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Well friends i want to make a Serial to usb converter for my electronic projects as i do not have a serial port in my pc.
I got few schematics of Converter but they did not talk about any driver which i think is must (correct me if i am wrong). I need your help because i do not want to make a circuit without a driver coz it takes time to sold it on Vero Board. Please can you tell me about the driver or please guide me to a circuit which is tested might save my time and money.
Please help me and Thanks in Advance. I am currently using windows-7 64bit.

---------- Post added at 14:13 ---------- Previous post was at 13:33 ----------

USB to Serial Adapter RS-232
I got this. Which is a very good helpful link.
Also another option i got is CP2102 by Sillabs.

Wow Nice link man....what I like about FT232r is it has SSOP-28 pacakge so easy to solderable than QFN-28 in CP2102 or QFN-32 package in FT232r..... Bcz this QFN packages may need to have heat flow based soldering ( oven based ) soldering ....

Good Search and Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back