Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

application to mock pointer referenced location

Status
Not open for further replies.

curious_mind

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to develop an application(on windows platform and not on real hardware) which mocks the pointer location specified by driver file. For eg. the driver file reads from location, say a= *b, where b is pointer defined for address 1000.I need to fill the values in the address such that the driver can read those values.
So basically I need driver to get executed and it shall have interface with say python application that fills these locations on demand. Can anybody help in this regard?

Are you aware of the Test driven development approach (TDD)? By this technique, we can create helpers to perform various experiments in the software in order to stress it, identifying vulnerabilities due to the occurrence of prohibited situations, such as invalid argument inputs ( e.g out of range pointers, null pointers, etc... ). BTW, I'm not familiar with Phyton, but at least there are unit tests for many other languages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back