Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Serial to Ethernet converter.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

myths

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi i am designing a serial to ethernet converter by using PIC18f4620. Actually i have just started working on it. i need some help and some ideas about what all i will need for making this. i have studied ARP protocol.
please guide me if any one ..
thanx in advance[/b]

Clear your Requirement & which kind of Help u needed.

I developed Serial to Ethernet converter using PIC18F452.

Tectona.

do you have some chip meets you requirement?

tectona said:
Clear your Requirement & which kind of Help u needed.

I developed Serial to Ethernet converter using PIC18F452.

Tectona.

i wish to see your design and software if possible.

thx.

In Microchip TCP/IP stack you will find all you need.

Cristi

well i am using PIC18f4620 micro-controller...and i have that microchip TCP/IP stack also.. but the problem is that i exactly dont know what all stack modules i need from that stack to make a serial to ethernet converter.
i will upload my design also. But still am not able to get that whole stack.
so any body guide me..
thanx ..

I think that you can use only UDP module. On this page
**broken link removed**
at Application Notes and Source Code you will find some examples about how to use UDP communication. The stack is similar with Microchip stack. In examples_v248.exe is an UDP to serial example - udp2ser file. For testing communication between PC and one module use UDP test tool, is free. Another good tool is wireshark - network protocol analyser.

Cristi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back