Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Serial COM Port testing issue (LabVIEW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mais.zaher

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am currently trying to communicate to a Serial Port mainly using the National Instruments labVIEW toolkit. I first used the "device manager" to view which COM Port my device is currently connected to, where it showed COM 4 & that the device labelled "Texas Instruments" was described to be "working properly". I went to NI MAX to obtain the same information and test the communication through that port where COM 4 has a Port Description "Unknown" and at using "Open VISA Test Panel" it gave a message saying "Error opening resource: ASRL4::INSTR VISA (Hex 0×BFFFF0072) The resource is valid but VISA cannot currently access it."

View attachment NI MAX - VISA Test Panel Error.bmp

An example run through labVIEW also to simply test the Serial port (COM 4), also gives an error at attempting to communicate with the serial port. Even though the device manager continues to say COM 4 is connected to Texas Instruments.

Any idea what we could be doing wrong?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back