Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] SENT interface frequency in cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saransh22

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What will be the suitable frequency range for SENT interface, for 0.03u technology in cadence?
Please explain what can prove that this is the good frequency for my receiver circuit?
In a paper two frequencies are mentioned one is 125KHz clock and other 625Mhz which should be used while simulating in cadence?
Thankyou.

Attachments

• tik.JPG
    tik.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 130

Do you mean that you run two frequencies (one slow, one fast) at the same time? Then you need to set a time-step which suits the higher frequency. And contrive a time window, or series of time windows, to observe overall circuit behavior including the lower frequency.

Or do you need to choose only one frequency? It's a huge gap between 125 kHz and 625 MHz. The C and R values tend to work within a certain frequency range. To discover what it is you'll need to try several runs at various frequencies.

Or do you wish to operate at a certain frequency? Then you want an RC time constant that responds with sufficient voltage swings within your circuit and yield desired performance.

Thankyou for your reply,
Actually that was my confusion that the several papers that I saw there were two frequencies mentioned. and I tried both with changing the RC value for impedance matching to get same output as input and found out that the frequency less than 125K it is working well

1. What frequency (low, high, or moderate) is recommended for this case, or how should I finalize a specific frequency, just at which my circuit works well?

2. if I am getting the exact output on the receiver side from the transmitter input, do I still need to do an impedance matching check?

According to internet articles...
SENT protocol uses clock ticks to count length of data pulses. It's important that your circuit preserves waveforms sharp and square. This is to say there does not seem to be need to attenuate high frequencies.

The clock is high frequency. Its frequency must adapt to the timing of the incoming signal. One article suggest USB speed is a typical frequency for SENT protocol.

There might not be need to match impedance. The chief aim is to avoid loading the incoming signal. Hence as a general rule you want your receiver to show high input impedance to incoming waveforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back