Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sending Data throgh GPRS Modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajan Miglani

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello

I am Rajan , currently working on a project which involves sending a string of data from a microcontroller to a host server using GPRS device. Can some body help me on this on how to send the data string.

Thanks in Advance.

Rajan

I am trying to send data through GPRS/GSM modem which has SIM900 modem module. I have the sim card of vodafone. The commands I am giving through the Hyper Terminal are
at+cipshut
at+cgatt=1
at+cgdcont=1,"IP","portalnmms"
at+cstt="portalnmms","",""
at+ciicr
at+cifsr
at+cipstart="TCP","xx.xxx.xxx.xxx","xxxx"
at+cipstatus
at+cipsend
The problem I am facing is that the response to the commands at+cgdcont and at+cipstart is ERROR.
Can anyone tell me the exact commands for SIM900?

You may want to refer to SIM900_AN_TCPIP_V1.00, that can be found at several places at the internet and is also available at SIM.COM for registered users.

I have this confusion. Supposing I do get the IP address and the Port number right and all my command till AT+CIPSTATUS get the expected responses. After I enter the AT+CIPSEND command and get the prompt,in what form,at the destination IP,will I get the data that I enter? I mean I did define the transfer protocol as "TCP", but I did not specify the protocol at the application layer. Will it be taken as HTTP by default?

you put whatever data you require to transmit into a TCP packet and transmit it (text or binary), i.e if you transmit "hello" it will be received as "hello". If the server expects HTTP you must format your text into HTTP syntax

will i need to run a tcp client to run on my computer to see the data i am sending? Also please elaborate hw can I format my text in HTTP syntax. I found the following application note which allows downloading from and uploading on a HTTP server. Now my project aims at finally uploading data on a website. I do not have a server but I have a static ip for which i have paid. Will these commands work for me? Actually i have tried these commands but have been unsuccessful so far.

**broken link removed**

Note: you might need to be registered with simcom to view this document.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back