Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Send data using me 3000 gprs modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savithri Vijith

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I want to configure gprs modem to transmit data from ARM to a PC's hyper terminal.Is it needs to configure the tcp connectivity of the modem?I am totally confused with this problem.I don't know how to configure the modem to send a data from ARM to a PC's hyper terminal.If anyone has any idea about this.Please help me.............................I am using me3000 gsm/gprs modem.

Connect the GSM MODEM to the PC first and, use the HyperTerminal to test it. Once you get familiar with the MODEM, connect the ARM processor to the MODEM through the UART interface.

That i tried.But i had a problem with the at command below
AT+ZIPSETUP=<N>,<IP>,<M>
1) IP means the address of the module or destination?
2) How can I get the port no (M)?

The IP is the address of the server you want to connect to, that is the destination.
The port is the port you are going to connect to that server through.
For example:
AT+ZIPSETUP=<N>,74.125.230.84,80 ----> (Google)

Hope this helps.

To send data through GPRS connection, you need to have a server with "IP" and a "PORT". This "IP" should be a global IP not a local one.
So, follow the below steps to configure your sever:
1- Configure your router to forward any incoming TCP connection through a specific port to your local IP.
2- Use this website to get your WAN IP address **broken link removed**
This IP is the one you will use in the AT+ZIPSETUP command.
3- Make a small VB software that acts as a server so you can connect to it. (I have this tool if you need it).
In this tool, you will set the "PORT" you configured in step 1.

Hope this helps.

Hi Savithri,
I have been working in Wavecom, wireless modem Q2686.Port will be created by yourself with Putty. Open your server in putty. Then follow the following commands.

login as: username
pass:
agmet: ~root# cd /Vol/GPRS (Directory you like "cd / is keyword")
agmet: last name of directory# ls (Type ls and ENTER)
agmet: last name of directory# ./AR_Data_SerNew 90 &
(port no. instead of 90)
AR_Data_SerNew is a Linux service. You can get a service easily in Google

To Check if the Port is still open Type this in RUN "telnet IPaddress 70" port 70

Sir can you plz give me that tool VB software that you are talking about in the above comment.
And plz tell me how can I use it.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Sir,
I have two laptops. one is connected to sim900D with vodafone sim inside and gprs activated and other is to normal airtel internet.
Is it possible that I can send data from sim900d to other laptop connected to internet. If it is possible. Please tell me how.
and that command AT+cdnsorip is not working in my module. Its giving error message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back