Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

send analogic information with RN 171-EK

Status
Not open for further replies.
please it is possible to calculate the value of CRC

if you are using TCP it has error detection and the server should display an error message if there is a problem.
UDP is an unreliable protocol - the datagram may get thru it may not

so it is not possible to display the value of FCS (frame 802.11)

as far as I am aware the standard Java APIs do not give you access to the lower levels of the TCP protocol

may be worth looking at jpcap which has Java classes for network packet capture
https://sourceforge.net/projects/jpcap/

how this would work with your TCP server I have no idea

Reactions: ings

ings

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
another question plz ca i dsplay th value of time ie my module send the data every 10s so it is possible to display thos value of time like this
t=0 sensor=..
t=10s sensor =..
thanks n advance

another question plz ca i dsplay th value of time ie my module send the data every 10s so it is possible to display thos value of time like this
t=0 sensor=..
t=10s sensor =..
thanks n advance
you are using the RN 171-EK module so are probably limited to the functionality of that module which just sends the basic UDP or TCP broadcasts at regular intervals
if you attach an RN 171 to a microcontroller you can transmit what data you wish, e.g. in one of my earlier posts I was transmitting from an Explorer 16 with a RN171 picTailPlus daughter board
Code:
TCP server on IP address 192.168.1.65 port 20000
TCP server starting: IP address PC/192.168.1.65 port 20000
Client connect from IP address /192.168.1.64 port 57303
*HELLO*transmitting ADC values
adc = 52
adc = 52
adc = 52
adc = 52
generated with the code
Code:
char text[100]={0};
sprintf(text, "adc = %d\n",  ADCread());
printf("transmitting %s", text);
UART1PrintString(text);      // send to RN171
I can change the sprintf() statement to generate any string required which is then transmitted to the RN171 every 10 seconds (using a timer)

ings

plz j have question about the sensor
if i have one sensor LM35 and i would like to find the value of temperature for example so
<4.00> set q s 0x0c sample sensors 2 and 3
will change and in the java program it is possible to diplay the value of temperature diretly
thanks in advance

I assume you have downloaded the data shett from
https://www.ti.com/product/lm35

typical applications are shown in section 8
how have you connected the LM35 to the RN171?
if you do a web search there are many example circuits using the LM35

the LM35 output is 10mV/degreeC (range depends on circuit) so you should be able to convert the received voltage value to degreeC in your Java program

ings

[Moved]display the fcs value in frame 802.11( RN171)

Hello,
i'm successed to detect the value of temperature every 10s in my pc via RN171 EK
so please i want to know if it is possible to know if i have an error in my received frame from rn171: it is possible to diplay the value of fcs or crc in frame 802.11
thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

you are using the RN 171-EK module so are probably limited to the functionality of that module which just sends the basic UDP or TCP broadcasts at regular intervals
if you attach an RN 171 to a microcontroller you can transmit what data you wish, e.g. in one of my earlier posts I was transmitting from an Explorer 16 with a RN171 picTailPlus daughter board
Code:
TCP server on IP address 192.168.1.65 port 20000
TCP server starting: IP address PC/192.168.1.65 port 20000
Client connect from IP address /192.168.1.64 port 57303
*HELLO*transmitting ADC values
adc = 52
adc = 52
adc = 52
adc = 52
generated with the code
Code:
char text[100]={0};
sprintf(text, "adc = %d\n",  ADCread());
printf("transmitting %s", text);
UART1PrintString(text);      // send to RN171
I can change the sprintf() statement to generate any string required which is then transmitted to the RN171 every 10 seconds (using a timer)

Hello, please it is possible to calcluate the value of RSSI for each frame thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back