Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Searching for/ identifying a transistor (?) for replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

LogiGS

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys, my first post here. Sorry if it belongs somewhere else!
I'm trying to identify what I believe to be a transistor in the ECU on my Grand Cherokee. It's obviously been replaced earlier, as there's a different kind of silicone used to cover it. There's also a gap between the heat sink and the component with traces of cooling paste on the heat sink.
I already replaced two blown capacitors, and I plan to resolder the 60pin connections on the circuit board on Tuesday.

The transistor is marked with a ST microelectronics logo, and has two sets of numbers on it: 4392616 and below : 89109. (I'll try to add a picture here as well )
I really hope someone can give me a hint of what it is and where I can get a new one. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20160108_130254.jpg
    20160108_130254.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 86

First of all, because of the cost. Although the ECUs are available at a fair price, shipping rates to Norway double the cost and finally I'll end up with 25%VAT on the total value, shipping included.

Second, the initial repair has been done poorly (when the component hasn't been mounted where it should be - 1.5mm away from, instead of flush with the heat sink. )

I have identified the issues, and the only thing I need help with regarding them, is finding the proper component.

The paths and solder points need to be redone, and that's about it.
Changing the component in question is a quick fix as soon as I find the replacement. All the preparations are done as in removing the patty material and fixing the paths.
So the math is simple, $150- 200 + for a used ECU ($400+ for a new one ) vs a new transistor and soldering on my spare time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back