Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SE54 on a Sun Solaris 10 box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jelydonut

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Anyone know of any issues with SE54 or EDA soft in general when running solaris 10? I have no issue with 9 but was considering upgrading..

thanks

jelydonut

hi,

I think you'd better to check eda vendor support platform to confirm the stability. as to my experience, sometime eda can work on unsupported platform and sometime crash.

jelydonut said:
Anyone know of any issues with SE54 or EDA soft in general when running solaris 10? I have no issue with 9 but was considering upgrading..

thanks

jelydonut

Helllo,

I've recently checked Solaris 10 with some Eda tools. SE54 worked well, also Maga (even though it says the SO is not qualified) and so on. But as it was said, for every Eda software that you migh use you have to check for compatibility, cause if you have "old" softwares, thay might require some "old" libraries in the SO or something like that and I don't know how to handle that. I had to give up Solaris 10 because I had an "old" piece of software (HSpice ...) and I could not make it run.

Anyhow, it also deppends on how you make the installation, it seemed to me very sensitive. Also, be aware on the resources you might have on your machine.

Good luck and I hope this helps you a bit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back