Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SDF Errors: ncelab: *W,SDFGENNF

Status
Not open for further replies.

chip-monk

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
When I try to do an sdf annotation in Cadence I get lots of warnings like:

ncelab: *W,SDFGENNF: Generic "TPD_ip1_op_posedge" not found in component "test.dff_1.g16:" <./gen_test1.sdf, line 20>.

The generic "TPD_ip1_op" is present in the library vhdl model file but the _posedge generic is not present.

Upon searching much forums online, most cited the reason being incompatibility of the SDF file generated with VITAL's older version.

I also read that synopsys has options like:

sdfout_no_edge = "true";

What is the equivalent method in Cadence?

Also, my set up is as follows:

The synthesized netlist in in Verilog, whereas the cell definitions are in VHDL.
NC in Cadence provides functionality to compile both Verilog and VHDL together and also for a combined SDF annotation.
The procedure for annotation is to generate the design.sdf.X first using ncsdfc, then specify the sdf options during ncelab command.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back