Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SDF Annotation - Post-Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

dshoter13

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

I am performing the last timing checks to my placed and routed design. Using Innovus I wrote the SDF and .v verilog file, which I then used in NCSim. Although everything went as expected, when compiling the testbench (where I issue the sdf_annotate command), I get the following output log: Out.png

In the number of TChecks I would be expecting 100% coverage as well. Is this normal? Honestly, I was expecting to hit the 100 % rate as well. Any opinions regarding this?

Thank you for your time.

With best regards.

What does TCheck mean by the way ?

it very likely means the timing checks that come in the std cell library .v file. maybe there is a switch to turn them on/off that you need to use.

Well, when simulating the design, if I set a running clock frequency higher than the one I used to synthesize the design (during place and route and etc) I get a lot of warnings indicating setup/hold time violations, so, I would assume that the timing checks are properly in use..
But any more suggestions? Or somehow this time check are related to something else?

Thank you for your time.

Regards.

it very likely means the timing checks that come in the std cell library .v file. maybe there is a switch to turn them on/off that you need to use.

Why we have to guess a the meaning for Timing Check ?

Please open the verilog library and search the text which presented in those warnings message.
You can find out what does the check mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back