Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sdf annotation issue - Cadence NCSIM

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng.amr2009

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

I was running timing simulation using NCSim and due some issues the SDF annotation failed. However, I did not receive any timing violation as It happened before while using modelsim. Receiving violations is a sign that there are delay information. The delay info exists in the library models I compiled.
The absence of this sign means there is something missing.

I fixed the SDF annotation but received a large set of warning. But I can not ignore these warnings as they may be relevant. Moreover, NCSim does not generate any timing violations !!!

I'm using tsmc-180

Sample of the warnings:

ncelab: *W,SDFNEP: Unable to annotate to non-existent path (COND ((((SI==1)&&(SE==1))&&(D==1))&&(CK==1)) (IOPATH RN Q)) of instance.....SDFFRHQXL

ncelab: *W,SDFNET: Unable to annotate to non-existent timing check (SETUPHOLD (posedge D) (posedge CK) (119) (-59.6)) of instance...SDFFRHQXL

ncelab: *W,SDFNEP: Unable to annotate to non-existent path (COND (((B0==1)&&(A0N==1))&&(A1N==1)) (IOPATH B1 Y)) of instance .... AOI2BB2XL

Any help ? Either to remove these warnings or to make sure they are irrelevant.

Thanks in advance

warning is because there are mismatches on timing check between you lib and SDF file, find the same cell in both lib and SDF and check about timing check part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back