Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SDC: How to set delay in a clock path

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikosTS

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,
I have a design where on the top level I have a clock signal as a port and I want to make sure it arrives with a delay at a specific pin inside the hierarchy.
I tried something : set_min_delay 0.5 -from CLK -to hier1/CLK (where hier1 is the module and CLK is the module's clock pin ) and I would expect to have some buffers/delay cells inserted.
However it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Thank you

Is it still wrong in this situation to try and delay the clock for lets say 1.2ns in order to capture the correct address value?
model the signal delay correctly. let the clock be. if your sram takes 1.2ns to respond, you cannot have a clock period of 1ns (unless you do unusual tricks like MC paths). your sram is the bottleneck of your design. live with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back