Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SCR triggering, using TCA785

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDAY

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My Project is controlling AC power by varying phase angle (Firing angle or delay angle) of the thyristor.

I started to read a lot about it.
Finally I decided to use this circuit:

new.PNG

Does it seems so complex? I found it in TCA785 datasheet.
If you google you will find the simulation videos on You tube.

I have a problem here.
When I simulate it, it doesn't show me the output signal!
Could anybody say what is my mistake in this simulation?

Does anybody have this circuit simulation?
It's very necessary for me./

Attachments

• Proteus.rar
    20.8 KB · Views: 187
You partly copied the TCA785 datasheet application circuit, but there seem to be several faults, e.g. missing pin 16 power supply, TR2 not connected to Q1 collector. I stopped at this point... Please fix the circuit.

Reactions: DDAY

DDAY

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
You partly copied the TCA785 datasheet application circuit, but there seem to be several faults,
Thanks a lot for checking the circuit and for helping.

e.g. missing pin 16 power supply, TR2 not connected to Q1 collector. I stopped at this point... Please fix the circuit.

I think datasheet is wrong in here!
Pin 16 is VSS, and VSS means the Ground (-) , I can not connect it directly to +15v !

1111.jpg

Pin16 name is Vs not Vss. It's the positive supply.

I think datasheet is wrong in here!
It's a Siemens/Infineon document, not the faulty translation of a taiwanese datasheet.

DDAY

Pin16 name is Vs not Vss. It's the positive supply.

It's a Siemens/Infineon document, not the faulty translation of a taiwanese datasheet.

I know Siemens, we use Siemens PLC's in most of industries in our country. They're excellent.

The problem is that when I connect it to +15v , there is an error saying Gnd and + interconnected.

Yes the circuit is copied incorrectly.
The right hand side of C5 in your schematic, snakes its way around the IC, only to be connected to ground.

I also stopped at that point.

DDAY

The problem is that when I connect it to +15v , there is an error saying Gnd and + interconnected.
Maybe the Proteus component is flawed? But in any case it will hardly work without a power supply.

DDAY

Status
Not open for further replies.