Not open for further replies.

davyzhu

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

IMHO, there is something compare the golden output and DUT output in testbench (I call it Checker). But in verification book, there is both Scoreboard and Checker. Are they similar?

Please recommend some reading on it. Thanks!

Best regards,
Davy

Not sure. I only define Checkers and Monitors

No they are not. Checker basically only tests for proper functionality for example you can have a checker for overlooking the protocols for your bus. Checker only checks that if transactions stick to the specification. Scoreboard is basically to collect coverage, if your protocol supports burst-4, burst-8 and single type of transaction , it is the scoreboards job to keep track of how many burst-8, burst-4 and single type transactions were sent. Suppose scoreboard shows that no burst-8 type trans ever took place then you know that u have a hole here and you need to fix this hole. Note here that checker flags for error but all that scoreboard does is to keep score of the things that took place in your simulation.

davyzhu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi semiconductorman,

I found you describe scoreboard like functional coverage

I have read a Mentor AVM document like find scoreboard is something like "reference model + checker". And I think functional coverage should be isolated from the idea of scoreboard, though they are similar.

Best regards,
Davy

Hi ,

Checkers are more to check functionality interms of protocol,behaviour of DUT ...
Scoarboard is a collection module , which intern can used for checkers or functional coverage,BFM development ... so as such score board is more like a collection , so it is upto user how he want to use collected data .

Thanks & Regards
yln

davyzhu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…