Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

scintillation detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

ant17

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys i have been trying to build a scintillation counter from a xp5312/sn Phillips photomultiplier and some bc406 plastic scintillator i built it using this circuit diagram https://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/phototubes/+prutchi-paint-can-scintillator.pdf but found the ouput to high the output to be to high voltage its being driven by a ccfl inverter with a full bridge on the output to make it dc but this fellow wanted just to connect it to a cdv 700 geiger counter but i want to be able to measure and process the signal through a analog to digital converter to in to a op amp amplifier but at 1200vdc most ics would could anyone give me a idea on how to achive this thanks

Build your 1200V PSU, in series with its earth connection connect a 1M ohm resistor to actual earth so all the 1200V current flows through this resistor, connect the 1200V + to the centre of your co-ax the outer of the co-ax to earth and to the tube. Now the "live" for you op-amp is the non earthy end of the 1 M. This point should be less then 10 V negative of earth, but feed your op-amp via a good coupling capacitor (1mF, 250V) and a 10 K resistor. The input to the op-amp should have a pair of diodes connected a-> 10K, c ->Vcc+ and c -> -Vcc (or 0V) and a-> 10K. This will limit the voltage into the OP-amp if the tube flashes over.
Frank

ok thanks for that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back