Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

scan compression not same as what is expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

newebu

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have read a statement on compression ratio that, effective compression will be less than chain:channel ratio . That means if I have generated EDT logic with chain:channel ratio of 10, I might get around 9.5. Please let me know the reason for actual reduction in compression.

Hi,
I have read a statement on compression ratio that, effective compression will be less than chain:channel ratio . That means if I have generated EDT logic with chain:channel ratio of 10, I might get around 9.5. Please let me know the reason for actual reduction in compression.

Hi,

What I've studied is compression ratio is defined as (total number of flops in design)/(chain length including edt flops), So this gives the exact compression ratio for the design, if we consider chain:channel ratio, all the chains may not have the exact chain length, So you'll get an approximate value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back