Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

scale transistor size of post layout extracted schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

adix

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,
I have a problem with the postlayout parasitic extraction in calibre. My design kit recognizes only scaled sizes of transistors, that is, if a 0.5um width transistor is needed I have to put 0.5 instead of 0.5u. The design kit model is scaled by 10^-6. My problem is now with the parasitic extraction: all transistors extracted have not scaled sizes so I cannot use them since spectre shows that the transistor size is below the minimum design rule. The only way to deal with it was to change the transistor sizes of post sim one by one. This would be very long procedure with my large schematic. Is there a smarter way to automaticaly scale all sizes of postsim extraction?
Thanks in advance for the answer!!

Try to install an option like
Code:
scale = 1.0e-6
either in your layout to be extracted, or in the extraction rules.

Reactions: adix

adix

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks for the answer! Do you know exactly where can i do it in the layout?

Do you know exactly where can i do it in the layout?
No, sorry; no access to C@dence/Mentor tools any more. Try the options/extra. Or in the control options of calibre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back