Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SanDisk SDTNLLCHSM-8192, Nand Flash-chip with SD-Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dany0020at

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sdtnllchsm-8192

Hello,

Does anybody know some specs or has experiences with the "SDTNLLCHSM-8192" Nand-Flash Chip from SanDisk.

It is embedded in a Sansa-Fuze (a digital audio player from SanDisk) and is linked to a ARM-SoC (based on a AS3525 from AMS) over its SD (SecureDisc) Interface.

Pictures of the Flash and the DAP: flickr

The Rockbox-Team is currently working on porting a free firmware-replacment for the fuze.
We are currently able to initialize the flash correctly and read/write data to it - but only below ~1GByte. If we try to read data from >1GB the flash does not respond and a data-timeout occurs...

Does anybody know of a compareable (which uses a SD-interface) flash-chip so that we might find any documentation?

I (and the RockBox-Team) would be very glad, if someone could provide further informations.

Thx
Daniel

sdtnllchsm

How can you know, if the memory has a SD interface? I doubt.

sd nand flash

> How can you know, if the memory has a SD interface? I doubt.

We are currently "talking" to the flash over the SD interface from the ARM-SoC. And there are no other components on the PCB which could work as a interface-driver.

Also it would be strange that the designer would use the SD-interface of the SoC, as it also has a NAND-Interface if they would need a additional interface IC.

As I said, it works... but only up to the fist GB. Seems like we need to a page-switch function or kind of... But the SD-protocol does not specify such a function.

sd interface chip

I see. I just saw, that the flash has many pins, I guessed, it would be a regular NAND flash. So it's a flash with integrated
SD controller. Sandisk is advertising a family of iNAND devices, the part may belong to it.

Re: SanDisk SDTNLLCHSM-8192, Nand Flash-chip with SD-Interfa

SanDisk SDTNLLCHSM-8192 64Gbit Multi-Level Cell (MLC) 56nm NAND FLASH EEPROM (CAR-0805-201)
Published Date: 2008-05-30
Manufacturer: Toshiba
Part Numbers: SDTNLLCHSM-8192

What's Inside:

List of Schematics:
# Analog and Partial Memory Top Diagram
# Partial Left Memory
# Partial Right Memory Array
# Array Control
# Wordline Drivers
# Voltage Generation
# Data Path
# Address Decoders
# Column Redundancy Block
# Power-On Reset
# Oscillator Block
# Command and Control Pins/Pads
# Control Logic Block
# Digital Block “D” (including Clock and Reset Trees)

Report / Device Description:
SanDisk SDTNLLCHSM-8192 is a 64 Gbit multi-level cell (MLC) 56 nm NAND flash memory. There are four 16 Gbit NAND flash dice inside the device.

The die is organized into two 8 Gbit arrays, having the row decoders along the column between the two arrays. The bitline control circuitry, as well as the peripheral circuitry, are located near the bottom edge of the die.

This report contains the following information:

* a full set of schematics with device size measurements, organized in a hierarchical manner, and accompanied by signal descriptions and cross references
* a signal reference list summarizing all signal sources and destinations
* package, x-ray, die markings, and die photographs
* device summary sheets

All of the information in this report was derived by Chipworks from high magnification photographs and microscopy observations of the following sample:

SanDisk SDTNLLCHSM-8192
Device Type: 64 Gbit Multi-Level Cell (MLC)
Date Code: S73118644

Learn more or order this report
SanDisk SDTNLLCHSM-8192 64Gbit Multi-Level Cell (MLC) 56nm NAND FLASH EEPROM Contact Chipworks

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back