Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

salaries for embedded engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.
average salaries across europe

Switzerland is an expensive country, but the salaries are high and taxes are lower than most other european countries. Like US, but european, civilized, with health insurance coverage, school for all, free/cheap university.

Very clean, organized place. You pay for everything, including to have your garbage picked up, but so what ? It costs money everywhere!

The *big* cost in CH is housing! Buying is out of question if you don't want to spend 30 years paying for the bank loan. Rent is expensive, unless you live far or in small place.

Zuerich is so expensive that many people drive cars a long way from out of the city.

VAT is low on electronics, cars, so once rent/housing is paid, fill it with all consumer junk you can imagine.

phd + salary + europe

n1cm0c said:
Switzerland is an expensive country, but the salaries are high and taxes are lower than most other european countries. Like US, but european, civilized, with health insurance coverage, school for all, free/cheap university.

Very clean, organized place. You pay for everything, including to have your garbage picked up, but so what ? It costs money everywhere!

The *big* cost in CH is housing! Buying is out of question if you don't want to spend 30 years paying for the bank loan. Rent is expensive, unless you live far or in small place.

Zuerich is so expensive that many people drive cars a long way from out of the city.

VAT is low on electronics, cars, so once rent/housing is paid, fill it with all consumer junk you can imagine.

That's all good .. but here is the 1-million dollar question: How about the Opportunities/Vacancies in Swis ?

salaris imec

Its a close circuit ... and in the times of slow down the opportunities are miniscule , rather zero as every one has been hit and those who have not been are being cautious.

how much salary in europe

Guys, nothing is cheaper in the world now a days.
as per as Switzerland is concerned, I heard that the problem of language is lot. My many friends were working there & language problem arise. also the german they speak & german we study is totally different :(

europe salaries javascript stats

Guys any updates on vlsi market condition... what do the analysts say?

income engineers europe

ashish_chauhan said:
Guys any updates on vlsi market condition... what do the analysts say?

Many pointers are suggesting that the industry is going to hit its bottom somwhere in Q2,09. Neverthless, given the PE ratio of the tech stocks,indutry is poised for a strong come back in 2010...

good salary to live in denmark

I am really dissapointing with living costs in Belgium. I was working in Scotland which is a beautiful country (I have just taken a wrong decision to move from there)...and life here in Belgium is expensive and salaries are not so great...taxes are the second worst in Europe..around 55-60% including social security...if you are foreigner you are paying the retirement of locals... I completed agree with one of the guys that said this in this web..

But I hope I can see the good side of here....I can not deny that I have met very nice people here!!!...

stmicroelectronics salary analog design milan

picardia said:
I am really dissapointing with living costs in Belgium. I was working in Scotland which is a beautiful country (I have just taken a wrong decision to move from there)...and life here in Belgium is expensive and salaries are not so great...taxes are the second worst in Europe..around 55-60% including social security...if you are foreigner you are paying the retirement of locals... I completed agree with one of the guys that said this in this web..

But I hope I can see the good side of here....I can not deny that I have met very nice people here!!!...

Where have you been working in Scotland and where are you working now in Belgium ?

average pay for engineers europe

How were the living cost and taxes in scotland??
...please give some numbers

avarage salaries in europe

Does anybody know what are the salaries of a analog designers (any level from entry to senior) in Valencia Spain? There there is AMS, Analog Devices and a company called DS2.

salary for engineer in europe

picardia said:

------------------------------------
Now I'm applying for the IMEC in Belgium and terrified of what you said.:cry:

After 55~60% tax and insurance deducted from the salary and life expediture, how much can I save for a month?:cry::cry::cry:

Added after 6 minutes:

salma ali bakr said:
n38 said:
what is salary in Belgium for digital engineer, design for test with 5 year
who know imec, this company does’ it give good salary and what kind of benefit it offer

IMEC's salaries are a bit lower, compared to companies in Belgium. They also don't provide cars for employees (except for top management :D ). But the work environment is very challenging, the people are so friendly and helpful, and the diversity in the nationalities of employees and researchers gives a special welcoming atmosphere that isn't always found elsewhere :)

Could you please explain a little bit more about the salary and allowance woring in IMEC? My resolve began to waver if only thinking of money:cry::cry:

best salary database europe

And what about that sunny beach that they call Portugal?

what about job and salary in there? :wink:

for someone finishing a master in telecomunications

Is it dusseldorf in germany very expensive?

belgian salaries 32 years

Generally in Belgium for an engineer salary, you have to cut it with 40 - 50% for taxes. Too much anyway...

But most bigger companies offer company organised health insurance (most of the time for free, as an extra kinf of salary) on top of the belgian health-care system.

The government takes much, too much, ... but there are worse places to live and work.

wages in estonia statistics

Does anybody know what are the salaries of a analog designers (any level from entry to senior) in Valencia Spain? There there is AMS, Analog Devices and a company called DS2.

Humungus, what is AMS? Won't you mean Austrian Semi ?

I know salaries of AD and Austrian. In AD are lower than in Austrian Semi. Analog designer get from 30K (junior) to 40K(5 years experience). In Autrian Semi, I know a digital designer who gets around 60K for 3 years-experience!

30K/year may be not too much, but you will always have a nice weather, party, food, people and place to live in !

highest paying salary for engineers in europe

In China,as a bachelor of microelectronics(with 1 year mix-signal ASIC experience)),I get $500 per month. That is the reality!

Hello,

How the things are going in Spain?
And a different question:
What do you consider the best country in europe to work as an embedded engineer?

for the person that was asking about Scotland....
I work for a big semiconductor company (well known in the world) and with 2 years of experience at the same company I get 30k GBP gross(x 1.5 if you want it in US$). taxes all together are about 30%. you can expect pay rise of about 5%/year if the economic situation is good, but pay rise is very often delayed or lower than that.
You also need to know the company "culture". Normally your contract is per 8h/day , 37.5h/week but the reality is that you have to work 12h/day, sometimes weekends and you don't get payed a penny extra.
about costs of living-one bedroom flat in Edinburgh, not in the city centre, including bills and taxes is 550GBP/month. fish and chips-5GBP, beer 3GBP/pint.

I wanted to move to Belgium because my opinion was good about this country (although I never lived there for longer than few days) and I am surprised with bad opinions here about this country.... what do you not like about Belgium?
job is one thing, but I was expecting Belgium to be more "friendly" country for foreigners. Could anyone of you comment on this?

I might think of moving in Europe in another couple of years or so. Being an Asian, my first preference would definitely be the southern countries, but seems like there are not too many jobs there (except France probably).
All the online resources show that most of the jobs are based around UK/Ireland.
Could anybody update about Germany? How is the scenario there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back