S11 Observation

imtiaz369

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I've included an image here. My design interests span the frequency range of 4-8GHz. So, what can we conclude from here? Our first bandwidth ranges from 3.17 to 3.52 GHz, while our second bandwidth ranges from 4.20 to 5.79 GHz. Am I correct? I'm not sure what terminology to use to explain the graph.

Thanks.

However there isn't any official bandwidth definition by S11, an industry standard -10dB has largely been accepted. But some companies accept even -6dB as " in specification".
Depends on your application. You have to measure the system's performance that is connected to this.

Well

Well, if I consider -10 dB, then, is my terminology right? (Our first bandwidth ranges from 3.17 to 3.52 GHz, while our second bandwidth ranges from 4.20 to 5.79 GHz. Am I correct?)

Well

Well, if I consider -10 dB, then, is my terminology right? (Our first bandwidth ranges from 3.17 to 3.52 GHz, while our second bandwidth ranges from 4.20 to 5.79 GHz. Am I correct?)
Another metric is to plot VSWR (Voltage Standing Wave Ratio) on Smith Chart. Where VSWR<=2.5 is defined as Bandwidth (especially in antenna problems)

You're right meanwhile but I see that the bandwidth is larger than this. Approx. 3.17GHz and beyond.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…