Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Running exe using PERL

Status
Not open for further replies.

sivamit

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
perl execute exe

Hi friends,
I am new to PERL programming.
Is it possible to run other(e.g cmd.exe, msword.exe..etc) application files using PERL scripts..???

Thanks in advance..
-Sharon

perl run exe

You can use the system or the exec command.
There is more than one way to do these things, look them up in the Perl help files.

perl run executable

Hi,
I could run wordpad.exe or notepad.exe.
But what if there is a software like Labview or VC++ where we need to 'load' a sourcefile and press 'Run'button to execute it..?
Can we implement this..? If it is possible just give me a hint(which command/options..).

Thank you..!!!

execute exe from perl

The system and exec commands are quite powerful, as I said, you realy have to look at the help files to see all the twists and turns possible.
But assuming you had an excel file called 'test.xls' in the 'C:\temp' directory and you had a path to the excel directory, you could run excel and open the file like this:

Code:
@args = ("excel.exe", "C:\\Temp\\test.xls");
    system(@args) == 0  or die "system @args failed: $?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back