Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Running AC fan motor, determing type of motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Segfault

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My Bionaire fan died and instead of buying new one I decided to fix it. Took it apart trying to figure out it's circuits. Found the motor has three wires plus ground, also a capacitor. On circuit board it has three TRIAC's for it.
Can somebody tell me what kind of motor is it? I know three-phase motors which have three wires and obviously need three-phase power. I know one-phase motors that need a capacitor to run. This one is unknown to me.

In fan ,by using the capacitor there made a new phase to the winding by shifting the phase of the original phase with the capacitor.
the capacitor used to a 60 angle phase shift made

---------- Post added at 17:38 ---------- Previous post was at 17:36 ----------

tha capacitor used to shift the signal and connected to the one of the winding serially

Thanks, but I figured out it has three wires because it has three speeds. As I said in my initial post I do know one-phase motors with capacitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back