Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Run Time FPGA verification

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpatel

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I used to work with a software called Xilinx Chipscope, which allows to debug preselected signals/variables/ports on FPGA in runtime after hardware implementation. By this software, person can create generate a memory block and place it in during design stage. Connect the inputs of this memory to the required signals to verifiy. Proceed with normal synthesis and implementation procedure.

This allows all kind of hardware realtime debugging for Xilinx FPGA as far as I know. Now the questions are:

1. Is there any other software which can do this ask for Xilinx or even for other FPGA/ASIC?

2. Is there any other procedure for such hardware debugging other than using such softwares?

You can definitely go for "Quickturn-Palladium"...
This is not FPGA... but something similar... you can still be able to achieve your goals. I would rate it higher than FPGA verification.

Debugging on quickturn is far more easier and it provides lot more features..

Best Regards,
Harish
https://hdlplanet.tripod.com/
https://groups.yahoo.com/group/hdlplanet

Now like xilinx chip scope, Altera provides signal tap for run time verification.
You can make use of logic analyzer.

But I wanted to know apart from that what are other methods to debug FPGA Based Design. When you are working with Real time Design.

well....another method is to keep some pins reserved in your fpga for debugging. so you can use these pins to peep into your design.this is not a very good method..but still used very widely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back