Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RTD in TC544 connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

venkates2218

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Friends i'm using selec tc544 temperature controller in that it having three terminal for RTD...
If i used 3 wire RTD means i can get output in controller but i connected two wire RTD means i can't get any output in controller
how to make the connection..?

To use 2-wire connection you have to connect 7 and 8 to remove compensation loop. But you will loose some accuracy.

i tried that too but i didn't get output....
Polarity are considerable here..?
Im ny sensor their is no model name like that...
Simply having blue and yellow wire only

Hi,

Another thread where the OP provides only little pieces of information.
So the users:
* either are so familiar with the device that can anser it from memory (only a few users)
* or they all have the effort to do an internet search to find documentation, download the documentation, read it to find out if they can help or not (keeping those who want to help busy)
* or they see that the user doesn't provide enough information and thus don't answer at all.

In my eyes: if someone really wants help, he should provide all necessary informations (in the first post) like links, pictures, schematics, drafts...so that those who want to help have the least possible effort.
--> this will result in fast, many and very helpful answers.

Klaus

Did you program the temperature controller for RTD mode ?
May be it is in Thermocouple mode.
You need to read the parameter programming manual.

How to interface PT100 WITH PIC16F877A..?

Hi,

Did you look into a PT100 datasheet for standard circuits?
Did you search the forum?
Did you try google?

Klaus

yes i searched in google and studied PT100 datasheet also....
In that they mentioned to output from PT100 is too low so have to amplify the signal and then apply to A/D of pic controller...
I can't get any important thing from that...
Thatswhy i'm need yours knowledge about it..

Because i'm new to PT100..please provide the basic information about it...I will try my own..If any doubt means i will request your help...

I already said that PT100 is a resistor. It doesn't give any signal itself. You need a current source to get voltage drop which will be measured by ADC. What is so difficult here?

yes i searched in google and studied PT100 datasheet also....
In that they mentioned to output from PT100 is too low so have to amplify the signal and then apply to A/D of pic controller...
Did you change the thread topic? I thought you are asking about TC544 temperature controller? All you need to do is to connect Pt100 sensor according to schematic and select Pt100 input in menu. If you have a two terminal sensor, short terminal 7+8, should be obvious...

Terminals.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.