Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rs485 industrial grade reference design

Status
Not open for further replies.

psquare

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys

I am posting this after browsing a lot and still not having any single convincing answer to my problem.

Actually I am facing problem in my modbus design using the rs485 IC max485 .

The problem is as follows:

Since my product is related to building automation and energy monitoring domain so we need to monitor the status of various peripherals on the RS485 network. The peripherals which we usually monitor are Energy meters and VFDs for controlling the AHU (Air Handling Units) installed on various floors.

Now what we are facing is a very strange problem, our rs485 design for modbus is reading the energy meters successfully at some places but fail to read the energy meters at other places.

We have checked the modbus network of meters with our ATC based modbus to USB converter and all the meters are pinging well in the network.

So there is no fault in the network , but when we connect our controller board to the same modbus network we do not get anything.

Same case is VFDs , at some places we are able to read the data from the VFDs , but also not able to read the data at other places.

So what I want to know is that is there any industrial grade rs485 reference design for the modbus, So that we can get rid of this problem from our system.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.