Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rs232 connection receive & transmit nothing on de2 board

Status
Not open for further replies.

childs

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I need to implement RS232 on DE2 board. I had connected my pin RXD as C25 & TXD as D25 as specified by the board. But I can't detected any startbit received on my rs232 RXD pin. Initially, I suspected my code problem. But after I made a simple code to detect ANY RXD = '0' signal (I tried to detect RXD = '0' at both speed of 50MHz & 115200 baud rate), yet it still not able to detect any RXD = '0' occurred.

Is there any other bit I need to set or any connector I need to short or whatever configuration I need to do with the board (which I did not see any of them when I glanced through DE2 doc).

p.s:The RS232 is working fine from PC side (I tested with loopback test (RS-232 loopback test).) I also tried to do very simple stuff to directly connect my RXD input to TXD output (emulate a loopback test) & the PC detects nothing in return too :(

Thanks!

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back