Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rotman Lens beam port question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zangetsu57

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rotman

Hello everyone,

I am designing a 2-stage Rotman Lens beamformer array. I have an 8x8 array of radiating element, and want to be able to steer the array from +/- 45 degrees including boresight in 9 degree increments, which means I need 10 beam ports. Thus, I'll have two stacked stages of Rotman lenses, one for azimuth, and one for elevation.

At the input to the first stage, there will be 10x10 = 100 inputs to switch between, so I was thinking of using two stages of SP10T electromechanical switches (a total of 11 switches). Switching speed isn't a priority, and the switches need to be able to handle high power, hence the choice of electromechanical switches.

So, here is my question: can I use a reflective switch, or do I need to select a terminated switch? Reflective switches sometimes can handle much more power, so I was leaning towards this choice.

Thanks for any input!

hey

i have been working on a similar project.i have few things which i am working on.may be we can help each other.please reply back to me

regards
sajid mohammed.

Well, obviously your sidelobe levels will be worse with reflective switches. So, it all depends on what your specs are. You can get an idea from this paper:
**broken link removed**

Rich
www.maguffinmicrowave.com

Rich,

Would you mind reposting that link? It doesn't seem to work.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back